Wednesday, March 4, 2015

~~**Shadow Box**~~



Hello Crafties...
Today I am sharing a Shadow Box I altered using the Christmas Gift Printable Journal... it just isn't for Christmas...lol! I really enjoyed doing this for an exchange I was in and have held out sharing till my exchange partner received it. Well now I can share the reveal!!!

In addition to the journal I used other designs by Tsunami Rose Designs.. the Printable Ephemere 3x4 Collection #1 and design I used on the back side of the the shadow box is a free design that was offered in a special some time back.

I asked my exchange partner what she would like... she wanted blue birds cause it reminded her of her grandmother. This journal and papers was perfect for this fun project. Then I asked her if she would send me a pic of her grandma... and she sent me one of bother her grandma and grandpa. 

I then begin adding charms, metal filigrees, flowers, lace and so many other items that would make you think of grandma's place... which is what pulled my inspiration for this! I hope you enjoy viewing my project as much as I did creating it!!!




~~**~~**~~**~~

Using GESSO I dry brushed the front and sides... 
I wanted to stay with a white wash look.






~~**~~**~~**~~

I attached a piece of chicken wire to the 
front for more added texture and metal "feet" on the bottom!





~~**~~**~~**~~

For the roof I used corrugated paper and sprayed it with 
RUST-OLEUM Multicolored Textured spray.
Next I layered it along the top and added a weather vane!!
Then I lightly dry brushed the roof with GESSO to give it a weathered look!



Thanks so mush for stopping by and having a look...
I enjoyed working on this so much!!
Be sure to visit Tsunami Rose Designs  and order
yourself some of these awesome digital prints!!!
  ~~**~~**~~**~~

Christmas Gift-  Printable Journal Kit- INSTANT DOWNLOAD

3x4 Collection #1- (5) Page INSTANT DOWNLOAD


   Tsunami Rose Designs Links

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous with all of the many extra loving touches especially the framed pic of the grandparents!! The chicken wire and roof are so fun too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and what a gorjuss creation :)

    ReplyDelete